WHAT WE ARE DOING TO KEEP YOU SAFE
OUR MISSION DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
Your safety and comfort is our top priority. We are committed to doing our part in “flattening the curve” and responsibly serving the urgent and emergency dental needs of our community.
- We only see asymptomatic patients in the office. Patients with fever, chills, cough, sore throat, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sick contacts or recent travel are not seen in the office. We have a robust screening process over the phone and at the beginning of every appointment.
- We use enhanced infection control procedures that exceed the CDC and ADA guidelines. After every patient, each room is sterilized. We focus on touch points including door handles, light switches, key boards, chair arms, etc. We pay attention to concentration, application method and contact time of our hospital grade disinfectants.
- We utilize Tele-dentistry whenever possible. We are seeing fewer patients in the office focusing on those with urgent and emergent dental needs. Many consultations and post operative visits are now done with tele-dentistry. Our goal is to limit your exposure to our office.
- We have an adequate supply of PPE including NIOSH approved N-95 respirators, full face shields, gowns and gloves.
- We check the temperature of our patients, team and doctor daily. Anyone >100 is not permitted in the office. We will provide point of care COVID 19 testing to our team and patients when machines with adequate sensitivity and specificity are available.
- Our team has completed numerous hours of continuing education focused on effectively and safely caring for dental patients during the COVID 19 pandemic. Training has included how to apply/take off PPE, respirator fit testing, and COVID 19 information.
- Air purification. We have a state of the art air purification system that filters out 99.998% of particles 0.1 microns, that’s the size of a typical virus. It turns the air over in each room 6x per hour. It uses a HEPA filter, UV light, TitaniumDioxide Chamber and Activated Carbon.
- Social distancing. We follow social distancing protocols. We prop open the front and exit doors so you don’t have to touch them, sneeze guards have been installed at the front desk, social distancing signs are posted to augment our high trained team, we use pre procedural mouth rinses, and we keep the windows open to increase air circulation.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- We only see asymptomatic patients in the office with no signs or symptoms of COVID 19, no exposure to sick contacts and no recent travel. Please let us know prior to your appointment if you have any of the following: fever, chills, cough, sore throat, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sick contacts or recent travel.
- Please wear a mask that completely covers your mouth and nose. If you do not have one, we will provide one for you.
- Please use the provided hand sanitizer when you arrive. Please remove and discard any gloves you came into the office wearing.
- Please complete registration forms on our website www.westhartfordoralsurgeon.com prior to your appointment. These include health history, COVID-19 disclosure and insurance information.
- We are a single patient ONLY office. Please have escorts, family and friends wait in the car. One additional person will be permitted under certain circumstances like minors, patients who require a power of attorney, etc.
- Please use a contactless payment option like apple pay, google pay or pay on our website.
- Please avoid touching your mouth, face and nose. Use cough and sneeze etiquette.
WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER
We all need to be committed to the following:
- Washing our hands frequently.
- Social distancing in the office and outside of it.
- Wearing a mask in the office at all times. We will wear a mask to protect you; you wear a mask to protect us.
- Staying home if sick or have had contact with someone who is sick.
Dr. Howard and team at Central CT Oral Maxillofacial & Implant Surgery
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links: